A Bluster of Bloggers in Baltimore: A Real-Life Gathering

I know a group of cows is called a herd. If it’s lions, it’s a pride. Birds form a flock, but geese a gaggle. Fish never learn to read but together they are a school.

So, what do you call a group of Baptist Bloggers who get together? I can think of no better name than a “Bluster of Bloggers.”

So, I’m trying to organize a Bluster of Bloggers in Baltimore next week. I’ve talked to my local contact and he tells me that there is a Cheesecake Factory near the convention center. Alas, there is no Beignet-bearing Cafe Du Monde anywhere, but cheesecake might be a good consolation prize.

Now, here’s the deal – finding a time is really difficult. There’s something going on morning, noon and night. The best time to have this seems to be Monday night after the end of the pastor’s conference. Of course, I have been told that is also the 9 Marks gathering. I was hoping that Rick Patrick, Tim Rogers and David Worley might join us, but I know that they will all be at 9 Marks. So, I’m not sure what to do.

Anyway, this is an informal, no program, get-to-know-you gathering for anyone who would like to come. This is the only invitation you need. Bring a friend. Bring someone you don’t like. Just come.

But, what I need to know is what time works the best for you guys. We could:

A) Meet for supper somewhere on Monday between sessions. Maybe the Cheesecake Factory, maybe another place.

B) Meet for dessert at the Cheesecake Factory after the Monday session. This seems like the best time, but the conflict with other events may keep some of our folks away.

C) Is there a better time? Let me know suggestions. Sunday night is a possibility, but so many folks don’t get there until Monday. Breakfast hours are pretty well booked. Perhaps we could go back to Tuesday night but there is a conflict at almost every time.

So, let me know. I guess I’m leaning toward competing with 9 Marks on Monday night (hope we wouldn’t cut into their crowd too badly) but I want to hear from you.

Comments

1. Wm. Dwight McKissic, Sr. says

I will not arrive ’til Monday evening, so Monday night after the PC sounds good to me.

2. Adam Blosser says

I like option A or dinner on Tuesday night. I was already trying to decide between Pastor’s Conference/9 Marks and the O’s Game for Monday night. I can’t promise that you guys will win out over either of those options on Monday night, unless of course Tarheel is buying us all cheesecake.

• Tarheel says

Aint happening, Blosser. I’m so poor it’s identified PO!

But anyway….Monday or Tuesday Supper works for me…

How about dinner on Monday night between sessions? That makes it early enough that we can engage in full blown speculation on what is coming next!

4. Rick Patrick says

“I was hoping that Rick Patrick, Tim Rogers and David Worley might join us, but I know that they will all be at 9 Marks.”

Nine Marks? I only count three—Mark Driscoll, Mark Dever and Mark Lamprecht. Who are the other six?

• Tarheel says

There is a Mark the cousin if Barnabas mentioned as well…lol.

Obviously because of these men’s connections to Peter and Paul…they’re obviously Calvinists too. :-)

• Rick Patrick says

If you’re going to claim John Mark as one of the nine, then let me remind you he was indeed young and on one occasion naked in public. Fine, you can have him. But in exchange, you must also include the Mark of the Beast. That leaves us with only three left!

• Tarheel says

Lol!

You’re to much rick….I’m actually looking forward to meeting you at the convention. :-)