Audio From The Janet Mefferd Interview

by Jared Moore on December 7, 2013 · 6 comments

janet mefferd

This article was originally posted at my site. I’m married with three children, an SBC pastor, a PhD student at SBTS, and an average Southern Baptist. I’ve authored two books. You can connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.

Here’s the audio from my interview with Janet Mefferd on 12/4/13.

Push the play button or you can right click here and save the mp3 to your hard drive.

I would love to know your thoughts.

1 Rick Patrick December 7, 2013 at 8:52 am

Well done, Jared. While I only listened to parts of this interview, I have read your sermon on Sacred Cows at sermon central here: http://bit.ly/18rKO0A. These are among your better observations. Personally, I prefer this content over your Harry Potter materials.

I guess we can assume that your footnotes and citations were all in order. I understand Mefferd is a stickler for such things. In any event, we have often disagreed about theology and matters of denominational vision. Regarding these specific sacred cows, we are much in agreement. Again, well done.

2 Jared Moore December 7, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Rick, thanks brother. It’s interesting how differing understandings of the doctrine of salvation doesn’t necessarily lead to differing methodologies or even differing emphases. So long as God is sovereign, and we affirm the sufficiency of Scripture, your ministry methodology and my ministry methodology will look similar. I can unite with those who affirm the sufficiency of Scripture. I think this is the big issue in the SBC. I’d actually rather unite with a Non-Pragmatic Non-Calvinist in the SBC than a pragmatic Calvinist.

3 Tarheel December 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm

“I can unite with those who affirm the sufficiency of Scripture. I think this is the big issue in the SBC. I’d actually rather unite with a Non-Pragmatic Non-Calvinist in the SBC than a pragmatic Calvinist.”

Good point!

4 Christiane December 8, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I loved what you said, this: (36:55)
“. . . the only One who can raise a dead sinner to life is God” . . .

that is a very strong affirmation of Jesus Christ as Kyrios, the Lord of Life

5 Jim Pemberton December 9, 2013 at 11:20 am

Good interview, Jared. You and Janet discussed some great points.

6 Jared Moore December 11, 2013 at 12:20 am