Blue Collar Blog Madness: Round Two – SWEET Sixteen!

There are sixteen blogs left in our Blue Collar Blog Madness: That’s SWEET!

Congratulations to those who made it through to round 2.  Actually, the voting was so close – a lot of blogs came within a vote or two (or three) of making the second round. It’s been a great tournament so far.

In this round, you only get to vote for one blog.  You don’t get to vote more than once, but you can certainly encourage your friends to vote!  Hope you get into the spirit of things.

Voting will be open all week, ending sometime Sunday.

Here are your sixteen round 2 blogs…

Golden Gate Regional

1. Pastor Ricky, Panta ta Ethne
  2. Brian Croft, Practical Shepherding
  3. Thomas Hill, For His Glory
  4. Mike Bergman, Unjust Justified

[polldaddy poll=6055377]

Comments

With theBridge, in the Golden Gate Region, being the only Idaho blog in the hunt for the title of ‘blue collar blogger’ we went out to the farm and secured celebrity/actor Hamm, of Toy Story, with this endorsement… “Way to go, Idaho”
    We are currently working on a solid endorsement from Mr. Potato Head!

After seeing how effective you were at mustering votes in the first round, I am not sure how good my chances are. And how can I compete with an endorsement in the voice of the man who gave us Cliff on Cheers. But I bet that I am further north than you, so at least I am above you latitudinally.

This may be the part of SBC Voices that I appreciate the most. The free flow of nonsensical humor to break up all of the serious discussion and occasional infighting is priceless. Which is good, because I am not sure that very many people would actually pay for it.

Vote for me and I will not be able to do a thing to pay you back for it, unless of course we ever meet in person and then maybe I can buy you lunch or something, unless you want to come all the way to Langdon, ND on your way to Canada perhaps and then I would be glad to treat you to lunch before you cross the border. Or maybe I can vote for you in return, if you are in another region and not making it tough for me to decide between hip pop culture references and cat juggling.

I cry foul!

By the dastardly actions of shadowy unseen forces I have been placed into the same bracket as Brian Croft–even I like his blog better than mine!

This is obviously a conspiracy of epic proportions!!!!

Vote for me and we shall fight the invisible “man” together!

I just want to announce that if you haven’t enjoyed one yet, there are Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the breakroom.

…Oh, and did I mention that in the breakroom tomorrow it’s ThrowAwayEverything Chick-fil-A breakfast biscuit Wednesday?

All brought to you by your friends at Southwestern Regional Blog Choice #4, ThrowAwayEverything.com!

If you can find a way to get me some of those Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits here in the vast northland near the Canadian border, I would find a way to get you more votes. :)

If I had known it was that easy, I would have bribed you so I could make the stinkin’ second round!!!

I feel somewhere between Missouri and Duke :(

My bracket was doing great in the first round until that MO loss. I actually had a perfect bracket at the end of Thursday and had only missed those two by the end of Friday. It started coming apart after that though.
          Oh, and I don’t know that getting chicken biscuits up here would be all that easy, but if you have a way to do it, by all means send a few my way. :D

That’s the real trick isn’t it. I would like them to be edible or there isn’t much point in getting them. I can make inedible chicken biscuits from the comfort of my own kitchen.

• Doug Hibbard says

You’ve got my email. Send me a real address and then wait with expectant hope. Maybe someday I’ll figure out a way.

Here’s a sample of Andrew’s notes:

Philippians 1:3

“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you”….
      Clearly the Apostle is thinking through the awesomeness that is Frank Stallone. Every time he–and we–think of Frank it turns our hearts to praise.

Phillipians 1:8
      “For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus”….
      Again, the apostle can hardly contain his excitement as he is overflowing with Frankesque-joy. He yearns to learn and know more of Frank Stallone and that the Philippians along with him might grow in koinonia centered around Frank’s stellar chin.

Hey, Dave–just noticed you have a typo in the southwestern region… you still have “pick 4″ as opposed to “pick 1″…

…or maybe it’s not a typo… maybe this conspiracy thing is bigger than I thought!!!

I don’t believe in smear campaigning, but this video just surfaced of Eric Redmond, Paul Thompson, and Jeff Musgrave. Do you really want to vote for one of these three men? Vote for me instead.

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

I am not sure why we changed clothes between the promo cover shot and the actual dance video (I don’t remember from when we shot the video), but how can you not vote for guys with moves like these. And I am clearly the best dancer in this video. Gone are the days when Baptists couldn’t dance. Jared, you may have just sealed your move to last place by refusing to be a part of this dance team.

P.S. Now I know why you sent the friend request on Facebook today. :P You were just looking for good photos of me.

• Dave Miller says

It’s a typo – I don’t think someone can vote for more than one. It’s a typo I can’t change.

Vote for David Brumbelow, Gulfcoast Pastor from the lowlands of Highland, Texas.  He is a man of honor, integrity, and wit.  He’s a man of principle and lover of all things Jesus.  He’s the man for this hour, this time, and the future.  He’s a published author without all the “ds” following his name.
    He is in the ministry for the longhaul and far exceeds the Southern Baptist Convention’s average for pastoring the same church.  He’s a tree hugger and a gardening enthusiast.  He celebrates “Earthday” by planting more trees.
    He still visits his mom every week and attends to her needs as a widowed lady. He’s written a book to praise his father’s pastoral ministry, thereby fulfilling the commandment to honor his father and mother.  His brothers are pastors and he encourages young pastors.  He loves Southern Baptists.  He don’t smoke, drink or cuss.  He doesn’t “see things” on imaginary television screens, but works magic with an antiquated computer.  He is proud enough to brush his teeth, but humble enough to ask for help from a silly lady when he needs to create a blog.
    Oh, and he pays real good for endorsements.  Ha ha. Just kidding. :)

Vote for David Brumbelow, Gulfcoast Pastor from the lowlands of Highland, Texas. He is a man of honor, integrity, and wit. He’s a man of principle and lover of all things Jesus. He’s the man for this hour, this time, and the future. He’s a published author without all the “ds” following his name.

He is in the ministry for the longhaul and far exceeds the Southern Baptist Convention’s average for pastoring the same church. He’s a tree hugger and a gardening enthusiast. He celebrates “Earthday” by planting more trees.

He still visits his mom every week and attends to her needs as a widowed lady. He’s written a book to praise his father’s pastoral ministry, thereby fulfilling the commandment to honor his father and mother. His brothers are pastors and he encourages young pastors. He loves Southern Baptists. He don’t smoke, drink or cuss. He doesn’t “see things” on imaginary television screens, but works magic with an antiquated computer. He is proud enough to brush his teeth, but humble enough to ask for help from a silly lady when he needs to create a blog.

Oh, and he pays real good for endorsements. Ha ha. Just kidding. :)

What a nice glowing endorsement, glad he isn’t in the same region as me for this round. :)
      I will say that the book is a really neat testament to his dad. I have enjoyed reading it myself, although I haven’t finished reading it.

David, this “pac” is for you, MAN! ha ha.

Jeff, that is one of the neatest books. I’ve passed it around at church to several men and they love it. I probably should get me some extra copies and sell them for a profit, huh? ha ha. His momma wrote a cookbook, too. And it is fantastic! Love the cookie recipe from box cake mixes. She was a wonderful pastor’s wife and one chapter of David’s book: “Wit and Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow” is written by his mom. She’s got some sage advice for preacher’s wives.

David is one GRRRReat Baptist on mission for the Lord. Few people know how dedicated and devoted he is in his ministry. It reaches far beyond his on pastorate. His blog takes a beating because of his dedication to his mom and his ministry to his church family and community. But when he writes, he writes gooood stuff. Worth re-reading for the advice he offers.

Now, Dave Miller, about those kittens. Did you know that there is a rumor that David rescued a bag of kittens from the Red River in Texas and gave those kittens to Dr. Patterson to keep the vermin out of Pecan Manor and SWBTS? yep…that is the rumor. So, ol’ Brum (as he is affectionately known), is one great guy. Folks ought to see if Todd Littleton can meet those credentials for being Blue-collar. And I heard that Todd Littleton only wears white collars. In fact, rumor is that he even wears a tie to every potluck dinner he attends. What’s up with that? :)

8. Greg Harvey says

Actually go to Joe Blackmon’s site and enjoy his blog regardless of whether you pick him. Really, REALLY good.

Ok, I don’t have krispy kreme donuts, chik-fil-a, rooms in florida or kittens to ‘promise’ my supporters, but if you ever want to see the murky brown waters of the Ohio River from Southern Ohio/Eastern Kentucky, then I’m your guy! Vote for me and one lucky person could receive a youtube video of a coal barge slowly making its way upstream… or something like that…

That’s Southern Region, Pastor Ricky, Panta ta Ethne

tempting huh… lol

Awh, Ricky…having spent a good many years near the banks of the Ohio when in Louisville, Brandenburg, and Owensboro, that video sounds mighty tempting. When we lived in Owensboro, I’d often go get a cup of coffee and go sit by the river and watch those barges and (sometimes logs), go floating down the streams. Made me want to be Huckleberry Finn, it did. unh hunh. :)

Suddenly, I find myself wishing for a wild card like in baseball. I have enough votes to be winning two other regions and just short of the lead in the third and yet I have less than half of the number of votes needed to lead in my own.

Are you sure that Paul is “blue collar” after all? :D

Trackbacks

1. [...] Thanks to any and all of those who read here who took the time to go and vote for this blog in round one over at SBC Voices.  I am through to the round of Sixteen this year and so I need your support once again.  I ended up third in my region on the first round tallies, so I need a little more help this time around to advance to the Final Four of SBC Blue Collar Blogs. [...]