Doug Hibbard Sings “O Holy Night”

by Dave Miller on December 24, 2013 · 9 comments

Doug posts his sermons on the internet, but some of you probably didn’t know that Doug is also a talented singer. Here is his version of this Christmas classic.

1 Dale Pugh December 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

If you’ve ever wondered about who REALLY did this, here’s the guy:

2 Doug Hibbard December 24, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I’m speechless. I didn’t know there was ever evidence that I wore a scarf or a sweater.

I know there’s tons of evidence that I fulfill the Scripture that we “make joyful noise.” There’s none noisier than me.

If you check my Youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/dheagle93 I don’t think you’ll find that video.

3 Dave Miller December 25, 2013 at 12:38 am

I heard this many years ago, and laughed until my gut hurt. Got it as an email attachment before YouTube and such things were around.

I’m sorry, Joel, if you don’t see the humor in this, but I makes me laugh every time I hear it.

4 Joel December 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm

This would be funnier if it wasn’t making a mockery of a song rich with divine lyrical content.

5 Dale Pugh December 25, 2013 at 9:26 am

Personally, I don’t see it making “a mockery” of the song. It’s a spoof on all those really bad singers who get to torture the church with their so-called “joyful noises.” Oh, well, I suppose we each interpret things differently.

6 Chris Roberts December 25, 2013 at 12:10 pm

But some of those people get “pretty famous”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D5148rRIkw

7 Dale Pugh December 25, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Unfortunately……..

8 Joel December 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I’m not meaning to be a grinch, and yes, I love humor (especially satire). I just wish another song was used than the one in particular. I know it was well-meant though, so I’m not offended. I dashed off the last message a bit too hatily perhaps. :) Carry on…

9 Chris Roberts December 26, 2013 at 9:27 pm

If it helps, the words as currently sung were written by a Unitarian, so whatever its content, it has heretical beginnings.