As our Youth Minister Search Team forms a week from Sunday, we will ask our Youth Minister candidate a number of questions. Help me out, SBC Voices. What question is missing from this list that should definitely be asked?
1. Tell me about your salvation experience and your call to ministry.
2. What do you like most about working with youth? What do you like least? Why do you want to be a youth minister?
3. Describe your ministry philosophy and approach.
4. Are you willing to minister within the doctrinal parameters of our statement of beliefs?
5. Will you allow us to conduct a standard background check?
6. Is your wife supportive of youth ministry? How do you envision her role in your ministry?
7. While we know God calls people to new ministries according to His Plan and not ours, we are not interested in a revolving door. Do you envision your ministry among our youth lasting awhile?
8. What Youth Minister or Pastor has influenced you the most and how?
9. What are your favorite topics for preaching and teaching? Describe your communication style.
10. What kinds of music, authors and conferences appeal to you the most?
11. What are your plans for continuing education and ministry?
12. What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses?
13. Describe a ministry success and a ministry failure. What did you learn from the difficult experience?
14. Suppose I am fifteen years old and an unbeliever. How would you share with me God’s Plan of Salvation?
15. Is there anything I should know about that we have not discussed? Do you have any questions for me?