In our latest episode of the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast, we engage the newly released Movie (this past weekend), A Quiet Place, directed by John Krasinski. This may be the most Christian movie that comes out of Hollywood this year, or any year to come. There is no bad language or sexuality, and the marriage and parenting displayed come straight out of the Bible. Be aware though that there is much violence and much terror. It’s a horror movie, after all.
Here are some questions we answer in this episode:
1. Does the movie present an accurate portrayal of a complementarian household?
2. The wife and mother in this movie (Emily Blunt) portrays a stronger femininity than Wonder Woman, but how so?
3. The movie portrays children as more valuable than personal and family safety, but how does this jive with Scripture?
4. How does the movie get evil right and wrong, and how does it suggest to fix it? How does Christ provide a better remedy for how to fix what is wrong?
5. This movie thinks it longs for safety, but it really longs for Heaven.
6. How does Christ provide everything this movie longs for, perfectly and eternally?
*If you listen to the episode, please comment here interacting with the content. What can we do to make the show better, more biblical, and helpful for our hearers?
What do you get when 2 Southern Baptist pastors seek to engage pop culture with the gospel? The Answer, the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast. We’ve engaged 13 movies and March Madness so far. You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Tune In, acast, Player.FM, and other podcast platforms.