In Episode 17 of the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast, we engage Marvel’s latest installment, Avengers: Infinity War. Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War wrestles with serious ethical issues, and toys with the question, “What if God is a Mad-Man?” Thankfully, Yahweh is neither mad nor a man who has needs or arbitrary wants. Whatever our God ordains is right. There are several questions we seek to answer in this episode:
1. How do Thanos and the British Government and the Alfie Evans case relate?
2. Why does Marvel want viewers to identify with and feel empathy for Thanos?
3. How does Yahweh’s identity differ from Thanos’ identity?
4. How does Yahweh taking life differ from Thanos taking life?
5. What is good, excellent, and helpful in Avengers: Infinity War?
6. What is idolatrous in Avengers: Infinity War?
7. How is the gospel better than the idol offered in Avengers: Infinity War?
*If you listen to the episode, please comment here interacting with the content. Did you like Avengers: Infinity War? Why or why not? Also, what can we do to make the show better, more biblical, and helpful for our hearers?
What do you get when 2 Southern Baptist pastors seek to engage pop culture with the gospel? The Answer, the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast. We’ve engaged 13 movies and March Madness so far. You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Tune In, acast, Player.FM, and other podcast platforms.