A few simple propositions…
- Our task, as Christians, is working together with God to change people’s hearts, not change their votes.
- We don’t change people’s votes in order to change their hearts.
- But neither do we change people’s hearts IN ORDER to change their votes.
- We change people’s hearts in order to change their hearts, and to bring God glory.
- Once someone’s heart is changed, it may well affect the way they vote.
- But that is between them and God.
- A disproportionate emphasis on changing people’s votes may become a stumbling block that gets in the way of changing people’s hearts.
- In eternity, a changed heart is of infinitely more value than a changed vote.
- In the meantime, if my words and actions can somehow contribute to saving innocent lives, that is a worthwhile endeavor as well.