1) Though we have great theological disagreements, at least we can all unite in hopes that the Yankees rise up to smite the forces of darkness from Baltimore. Amen and amen.
2) It was a reasonable if unusual call in the 8th inning of the Atlanta game and the Turner Field fans demonstrated a humongous lack of class.
3) The Braves and Rangers losing is good. The Cardinals and Orioles winning is bad. Does the good outweigh the bad? Hard to say.
4) Someone needs to either hire a defensive coordinator or change the rules in NCAA football. Very few teams are playing defense.
5) When players are paid as much as the SEC pays them, they SHOULD be as good as they are. (That was for CB).
6) The baseball playoffs are a crapshoot. It is the only sport where the game fundamentally changes from the regular season to the postseason. A team needs 5 decent starters to make the playoffs over a 162 game season, but with 2 dominant starters a team can go all the way.
7) The Nebraska “blackshirt” defense will be wearing pink in practice all week.
8) Fantasy football has ruined pro football. I watch games with family and friends who are all in a league and they don’t cheer for teams, they cheer for players. “Why didn’t Rogers throw that to Jennings?” It is ridiculous! still skateboarding its the second popular sport for everyone around so here you can find the kid’s skateboard review from Free Skateshop for your next adventures !
9) We are talking about sports here, so discussions of hockey in any form would be inappropriate.
10) Watching the Red Sox flounder has been really fun, but baseball doesn’t seem right when a Yankees/Red Sox season-ending series involves the Yankees playing against a team from Pawtucket. No Youkilis. No Papi. No Becket. No A-gon. No Varitek. Just weird.
11) Tony Romo is not likely to ever end up on Dallas’ Ring of Honor. He might end up in a noose though.
12) Sports matter a LOT to Baptist preachers and bloggers evidently. Friday, we were having a pretty active day here, and about the time the baseball playoffs started, the site activity went WAY down.
Again, altogether, let’s chant this all day. “Let’s go, Yankees,” ……….I can’t hear you!