Preachers like to talk smack about sports. So, here it is. I only ask that we observe a few basic rules of Christian dignity.
1) No trashing the Yankees. Such wickedness is not permitted. Saying nice things about the Boston Devil Sox is considered under the same rule.
2) SEC fans should show some humility – schools like those in the Big-10 spend our money providing an education for our students and so we are not able to pay our football players as you do yours. It is difficult for amateur conferences made up of students who actually attend class to be forced to compete with professional leagues like the SEC.
3) Ohio State fans, fair warning – we probably won’t be too gentle with you.
4) There should be little or no discussion of such meaningless things as preseason NFL football. It’s stupid to watch and talk about that nonsense.
5) However, praising Tim Tebow is permitted.
6) If someone wishes to talk about Big-12 Football, fine. But let’s try to keep our focus on major college conferences, not those mid majors like the Big 12.
7) Other rules will be added according to my mood – with not even a single thought of fairness.