On the latest episode (ep-20) of The Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast (stream above, or you can find it on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, TuneIn, etc.), we engage The Greatest Showman. This movie is particularly valuable in our time, due to how many people participate in social media. The pursuit of fame is almost a universal temptation in our day. We wrestle with several questions in this episode:
1. Which is a better Musical, The Sound of Music or Sweeney Todd?
2. Who is the hero of the story?
3. In light of our social media age, how does P. T. Barnum serve to warn us about pursuing the “likes” of strangers over pursuing and enjoying the love of family and friends?
4. What is the idol in The Greatest Showman?
5. How is God a better Father, Christ a better King, and Christ and the church better brothers and sisters than offered in The Greatest Showman?
*I would love to hear your thoughts about this movie. Also, please share your thoughts about this episode. If you would like to discuss movies and help us think through engaging them with the gospel, join our Facebook Group: The Pop Culture Coram Deo Perpetual After Party.