Friends, read this article quickly as it will likely disappear soon.
There is only one reason this got published; namely, Dave Miller doesn’t know much about computers. Due to a massive oversight I still have some admin powers on Voices. I have the power–at least for the time being–to post an article without Mr. Dave’s permission. Here it is…likely my last post on Voices.
You might have noticed that Borrowed Light (my blog) no longer appears on the SBC Voices watchlist. You’ve probably assumed that I’ve been busy or just stopped writing altogether. That’s not true. I’ve just been quietly written off by the Voices Illuminati. In an effort to keep me silent they’ve deleted my blog from their precious watch list.
Honestly, I’m not sure what I have done to tick them off. I only know that I did. I received an email from Mr. Miller awhile back. It was a blank email that only carried the subject line–“No More”. I didn’t know what it meant at first. I assumed this was one of Dave’s accidental emails that he sends on occasion. Then, as the days went on I began realizing that this was Dave telling me that I’ve been cut out of the loop.
Personally, I think their motive is jealousy. Ever since I’ve become a published author, had links on Challies, and have gotten a wider audience they’ve been treating me differently. Truth be told I’ve wanted out for a long time. But I was under contractual obligation and continued posting for Voices. A couple years ago I made the foolish mistake of getting into this little Voices mafia. They promised to help promote my articles and give me a wider platform–and I promised to do their bidding.
Well, I’m finished. I’m done with this. They aren’t keeping their end of the bargain. So I’m not keeping mine. Here a few juicy details that you’ll want to take a screen shot of before Dave deletes them:
- Every article written on SBCVoices is heavily edited by the goons at LifeWay. They let some of them slide so as not to be obvious. They like to appear fair and balanced but we writers know the truth.
- Tony Kummer doesn’t actually exist. Who is he? I’ll give you a hint. If you need to get in touch with “Tony” you send an email to a Mr. Wax at LifeWay.
- Dave Miller publicly says that he hates Calvinism debates. Yet, every week we get an email begging us for articles on Calvinism. He sends us stats from Voices and stats from “the other guys” and tells us that we had better drum up some controversy so that we don’t lose.
- We had to sign a gag order before signing onto the team. There are several things that I simply cannot tell you for legal reasons that I would love to. Maybe in November when my contract is up.
- It’s not an accident that the last two 2nd VP’s are products of SBCVoices. That’s part of the deal. If you guys think your vote for 2nd VP actually counts then you’re silly. It’s rigged. The others ones aren’t yet. The Voices Illuminati is not that brazen. But they figure they can experiment with the 2nd VP position to see how much power they’ve got. Doug Hibbard is slated to be the 2nd VP next year.
That’s all the dirt that I can unleash at this point.
Pray for me. I’ll continue blogging at Borrowed Light (http://mikeleake.net) until they figure out how to shut that down too. I would have posted this on my own blog but you would have never noticed it because I’ve been snuffed off that Watchlist.
By the way you might want to update your feed reader to my new address. Once I switched over to WordPress I had to change that…and so if you had me on some sort of feed aggregator or something like that you’d need to update it to http://feeds.feedburner.com/mikeleake/blog
It’s been fun…