The Bible contains 1,189 chapters in total. The question I am asking our Voices readers is this: Which is the greatest chapter in the Bible? Some might say, “Well, they are all great.” For sure, that is true, but it is fair to say that Romans 8 influences our faith more than Leviticus 15. Another might say, “All the chapters are equally inspired.” Again, I would agree with that, but that response does not address my question. In your humble, but accurate, opinion which is the greatest chapter in the Bible? I’m asking you to offer your opinion and then explain why you chose that chapter.
So, here are some examples:
- Genesis 1—It tells how God created the earth.
- Exodus 20—This chapter presents the Ten Commandments.
- Psalm 23—The “Shepherd Psalm” helps us understand God’s loving care for us.
- Isaiah 53—This chapter presents the “Suffering Servant” as our great sin-bearer.
- Matthew 5—This chapter begins with the wonderful beatitudes.
- Mark 1—This chapter tells how Jesus began His ministry.
- Luke 2—In this chapter, we read the wonderful account of Jesus’ birth.
- John 3—This chapter explains how to be born again.
- Acts 2—This chapter describes the beginning of the church.
- Romans 8—This chapter tells us that nothing can separate us from Christ’s love.
- 1 Corinthians 15—Of course, this is the great resurrection chapter.
- 2 Corinthians 5—This chapter speaks of our reconciliation to Christ.
- Colossians 1—This chapter explains so much about the nature of Christ.
- Hebrews 11—This chapter is the “faith hall of fame.”
- Revelation 21—This chapter describes the beauty and wonders of heaven.
So, dear readers, what say you? Just typing the list above made me marvel at the blessings of the Bible. I’m eager to read your responses.