SBC Voices is just under one year old, and up to this point we’ve posted very little content of our own. The emphasis was to create one site to listen to all the different voices in SBC life. To date, we have 394 feeds and news sources listed by state and other factors.
Moving forward I’ll be finding writers to create original posts here on SBC Voices. We’ll be joining the conversation started by so many other SBC bloggers. Here are the volunteers I’m need:
Our content editor will be experienced with WordPress and control the flow of posts on the blog. This person will be fair-minded, even when dealing with the issues hotly debated in the convention. SBC Voices wants to include diverse perspectives in SBC life, so our editors will need to be somewhat neutral.
Our general contributors will submit 2 posts each month dealing with issues that interest Southern Baptists. They will write, edit and format their content direcly into WordPress and allow the editor to make small revisions and post when appropriate. Contributors don’t need to be nenutral, but they should write with charity when disagreeing.
Our baptist buzz editor will write a weekly roundup linking to other SBC blogs and highlgihting their best content.
Why You Will Want To Help
- Open information and dialog is good for the SBC.
- This site already has steady traffic and will grow rapidly once the blog is consistant.
- I’m updating the design over the month to make it even more user friendly.
- If you’re an aspiring blogger or writer, then regular exposure on SBC Voices will be good for you.
If you are interested, email TonyKummer@gmail.com
- explain what role you’re interested in
- why you’re qualified
- if you already blog, what is your URL
- a phone number where I can call you