2011 Blog Madness (Round Two)

by Tony K on March 24, 2011 · 16 comments

The opening round had its share of drama, but we are ready to move on to the second. The top pick in each division below will advance to the finals. This round will close next Thursday 31 March 2011.

This round has now close…. click here to see the finals.

Southeast Division

3. Provocations & Pantings – Tim Brister
  4. JDGreear.com

[polldaddy poll=4782132]

1 Dave Miller March 24, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Let the Madness begin!

2 Mark March 24, 2011 at 11:34 pm

OK, next year, no conference speakers, national ministries or the like. That sure makes it hard for the little, unknown guy to compete.

Wait!

Am I talking about Blog Madness or particular SBC events? hhhmmm…..

As the mirror reflects….

;)

3 Dave Miller March 24, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I actually made the suggestion today that we make next year’s tourney a “Regular Bloggers” tourney. Of course, that would be difficult to judge. Who is a big name and who isn’t?

4 Mark March 25, 2011 at 12:09 am

It would be difficult. I was too busy this year to ask for votes and stuff. It’s all in good fun.

5 Jeff Musgrave March 24, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Well, my furious vote lobbying didn’t get me past round one, but I did have a lot of fun.

6 hariette petersen (a.k.a. selahV today) March 25, 2011 at 2:34 am

Win a FREE BOOK at my website http://selahvtoday.typepad.com in honor of my hubby’s 68th Birthday on April Fool’s Day. Come by and write an acrostic on H E A V E N. selahV Today

Thanks everyone who voted for me this year. I plan on writing an indepth analysis of why the SBC is marginalizing women writers in their blogging contests. ha ha ha. :) wait for it dudes. wait for it…ha ha ha

7 Anthony Russo March 25, 2011 at 6:52 am

THANK YOU to everyone who voted for me! As they say, “It’s an honor to be nominated!” :-)

8 Mike Leake March 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

I am shocked and honored to make it to round 2. No way I take down the mighty Stetzer…unless I call in a few favors from that Libyan prince I helped out through email a few years ago.

9 Dave Miller March 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hey, last night after I voted you were ahead of Ed! (2-1, but that could be a trend!)

10 Tony Kummer March 27, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I’d love to have your votes in the West regional for Ministry-To-Children. We don’t debate much on SBC type issues, but are helping many thousands of people do kids ministry every week.

11 Dave Miller March 28, 2011 at 10:34 am

Shameless plug here: VOTE FOR MIKE!

Ed Stetzer, B-21, and the Founders are all great blogs and worthy of respect.

But I’d love to see one of our contributors, Mike Leake, make the final four. I know it is unethical for the editor of SBC Voices to be plugging a blog here. But we ENCOURAGE shameless electioneering in Blog Madness!

So, lets put Mike Leake in the Final Four.

And, while you are at it, put Tony Kummer’s Ministry-to-children there as well!

C’mon, just do it!

12 Mike Leake March 28, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Thanks for the shameless plug!! I really appreciate it.

13 Tony K March 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for the endorsement. I really do need to start paying you for editing this website!

14 JephRBNY March 31, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I think Dr. Moore will make it to the win.

15 Barry Wallace April 1, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Wow. Put me in the East next year. Even though I made no mention of the competition to anyone, I would have still made it to the second round!

{ 1 trackback }