So You Think You’ve Got Game? Join the 2014 SBC Voices Billion Dollar NCAA Bracket Challenge!

Okay, no, there’s no billion dollars here. Just the right to claim the title of SBC Voices’ resident basketball expert. Andy Hynes claimed the title last year and he says he is unbeatable this year (well, okay, I made that up). You are welcome to join our March Madness NCAA bracket challenge at ESPN. Your bracket is locked as of the start of the first game Thursday.

Here is the link to the page where you can sign up.  Click the “join group” button.

Our group name is SBCVoicesBB and the password is a highly secure “sbcvoices” to keep out the liberals! It’s pretty simple. Even an old fogey like CB Scott could get in (though I don’t think the Crimson Crud did).

Join the group and see who the true expert in SBC BB is!

Comments

I forgot I had an account using an old football bulletin board handle, so I put my last name in my entry name…

I am so going to get obliterated…

• Dave Miller says

Yeah, I was a little ticked yesterday that I couldn’t get through to register at Yahoo for Warren Buffett’s billion dollars. The first game would have brought me down. I’m guessing it brought down about 85% of brackets.

I read that in all the years ESPN has been doing tournament brackets, there has only been (I think) 1 perfect bracket IN THE FIRST ROUND. Warren’s billion is pretty safe.

2. Jeremy Parks says

I almost picked Harvard, but changed my mind. So far, only missed two picks, and it looks like my choice of NC State is going to pay off.

I only lost 3 games out of 16 today. Unfortunately, I had two of those teams making runs to the elite 8, so those losses are going to pile up.

For the record, a total of 43 people signed up. Right now, Svoboda is in the lead, but I’m guessing he chose Nebraska to make the Final Four and that fantasy will drag him down!

There are a bunch of us tied at 130 (13 wins). Matt has 150.

Our lowest point total (besides the guy who evidently signed up but never filled out a bracket and has 0) is 60 points. I don’t want to embarrass Paul Thompson, so I will not mention his name.

5. Dale Pugh says

I’m currently DUMBFOUNDED! ND State won and NC State lost? Good grief, Charlie Brown……those two games along with Harvard, Dayton, and Pittsburg really killed me yesterday. This can’t be good.

6. Dale Pugh says

I’m really hoping Svboda is right and the Duck get to the Final 4……but I didn’t pick them to get there.

7. volfan007 says

The Vols continue to dance, as they tap danced all over UMass, this afternoon. Next, we have to take on the theologically, liberal Baptists from Georgia…the Vols need to stop the spread of theological liberalism…beat Mercer!

8. William Thornton says

Uh huh, former SBC school, Mercer, dispatches arrogant ACC elitist Blue Devils. Happy to see it.

9. Tarheel says

Well, my wife is happy. She is an engineering graduate of Mercer…

I am happy because DOOK lost, and the TARHEELS advanced.

My bracket is shot though.

• Adam G. in NC says

four teams in the tournament from my area code and only the ‘heels advance…sigh…this really was a down year for tobacco road.

Now its A.B.C.

At the end of the Round of 64 I’m the only guy on the list with 150pts MORE than the guy behind him (midgetfan45, thanks for not filling out your bracket). A big Round of 32 may finally pull me out of next-to-last place. (midgetfan45 is officially in last place, right?)

11. Dale Pugh says

I can smell the smoke from my bracket as it crumbles into ash. My only hope now is for the Sweet 16 to end up the way I predicted for the Elite 8. I picked VCU, OK, and Duke to move into the Elite 8. Shaking my head a little this morning……

I think that it is good that God called most of us into ministry. Had we been Vegas prognosticators, we’d have gone broke.

I had a brutal day yesterday, losing half my games. And I am within striking distance of the lead of this thing.

Brothers, We Are Not Professionals (at picking brackets).