When a ball game becomes a blowout in the first half, the conversation shifts to more punditry than play-by-play. So, I thought I would share a few things I’ve learned about SBC blogs from this contest.
What does blog madness tell us about SBC bloggers?
- We like books. Almost everyone played along for a mere $313 prize.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. Most of the comments and stumping were good natured.
- We like competition and numbers. It’s not that others like statistics less, but we are the denomination of the ACP, CP splits and LifeWay research.
- We like cooperation. Maybe it was more about self interest, but it took cooperation for this contest to work.
- We are starting to understand social media. Twitter and Facebook sent many votes over to blog madness.
- We value both insiders and outsiders. The diversity among SBC bloggers reflects well on the true nature of the SBC. That reminds me of this great website called SBCvoices.
- The Establishment Gets It. I was surprised how well “insider” guys came out in the contest. Early adapters like Steve, Joe, and Michael still have some clout. But social media has become a tool for the insiders too.
- Flat World Influence Follows Talent + Hard Work. iMonk is no upstart, he’s earned his following over many years.
Don’t forget to follow the score and make endorsements from your blog.
What Do You Think?
Leave a comment below and tell me what it all means.