All of this (except for the last question) pertains to the portion of the Cooperative Program that is sent by the states to the Executive Committee and distributed through the SBC CP Allocation Budget. The data used here are not the total CP including the 60% or so of revenues kept by the state conventions but rather the 40% of total CP received by the Executive Committee. Only the undesignated portion is used, not designated (Lottie, Annie and some smaller designated offerings).
So…here you go:
1. The SBC has 42 state conventions. What percentage of the CP is contributed by the 16 southern state conventions (VA-BGAV, VA-SBCV, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, TX-BGCT, TX-BGAV, OK, AR, MO, TN, KY)
a. 91% b. 80% c. 69% d. 59
2. The state convention with the largest CP increase from 2015-2016 to 2016-2017 was:
a. AL b. GA c. KY d. FL
3. The undesignated CP revenues received by the Executive Committee showed an increase for 2016-2017 over 2015-2016.
4. Which state convention was the largest dollar giver to the CP for 2016-2017?
a. FL b. AL c. GA d. SBTC
5. Which of the two Texas state conventions (BGCT and SBTC) showed an increase in giving?
6. Which of the two Virginia state conventions (BGAV and SBCV) showed an increase in giving?
7. Which of the southern state conventions had the largest decrease in giving?
a. Georgia b. Louisiana c. South Carolina d. Oklahoma
8. Which Texas state convention dropped their CP giving more, the more conservative convention (SBTC) or the less conservative convention (BGCT)?
9. The IMB’s total funding from CP and designated sources totals more than all the other SBC entities combined.
10. The Cooperative Program revenues received by the Executive Committee is greater than the designated revenues received?
- (a) The 16 southern state conventions contributed 91% of the $197 million in 2016-2017.
- (d) Florida. That state convention both increased the SBC’s percentage and gave a chunk from the sale of their old HQ building.
- True. But if Florida had not given $3.1 million from the sale of their building, there would have been a decrease.
- (c) But absent the funds given from the sale of the FBC building, the largest giver would have been Alabama.
- Neither. They both declined. Trick question…you get to count as a correct answer.
- Both increased.
- Louisiana gave 4.7% less in 2016-2017 than in 2015-2016. That percentage was by far the greatest. The closest was SC which declined 3.9%.
- The more conservative convention, SBTC, dropped more.
- True. IMB gets about 60% of all CP and designated funds received by the Executive Committee.
- True, but only because of the money given by the FBC after the sale of their building. Designated revenues have surpassed undesignated for several years now.
If you got all ten right, without cheating, you are a CP genius. If you cheated on this what else are you cheating on…?
If you got 6-9 right you’re not too shabby on the CP.
If you got 1-5 right you need some CP remedial work. Get busy.
If you didn’t get any right maybe you should stop binge-watching old sitcoms (and read more carefully, I gave you one for free).
If you think quizzes ended when you got your seminary degree, think again. You get tested every Sunday and grades are given, usually over lunch.