Les Puryear is not president of the Southern Baptist Convention. He’s just an ordinary pastor who God has been using in an unusual way over the last year to encourage other ordinary pastors. Les is the kind of SBC voice that we want to amplify in the life of the denomination.
>> Download Mp3 here <<
You can learn more about Les on his blog titled “Joining God In His Work.” He also writes for SBC Impact. You can also check out the 2009 Small Church Leadership conferences. See more links at the bottom of this post.
Why You Should Listen To This Podcast
- Although he was nominated for SBC president last June, the results leave no doubt that Les is still one of us (that is regular pastors).
- His service to our denomination is something that should be appreciated.
- His unique perspective gives him some insight into the SBC that you won’t hear anywhere else.
- He’s one of those “bloggers” that gained their influence that hard way.
What We Taked About
- Who is Les Puryear and how did he end up running for SBC president?
- Was the small church conference just an event or is it part of a larger movement?
- Frank Page has warned that half of all SBC churches could disband by 2030, how do small churches fit into that headline?
- and much more
At the end of each post on SBC Voices, we suggest related posts from other Southern Baptist websites and blogs. These will often include contrary points of view and should not be understood as endorsements.
What Other SBC Voices Are Saying
- Podcast interview with Les Puryear from SBC Today
- Les Puryear’s response to the Baptist Press questioner
- Editorial about Les Puryear in the Christian Index
- One pastor’s thoughts on Les for SBC president
- Bart Barber’s thoughts on the same
- Lewisville Baptist Church, NC
- Les Puryear on Facebook
- Les is also a movie star