Final total for 2017-2018: $158.9 million.
- That’s not a record. The record is $165.8 million in the year after the missionary personnel drawdown. This year’s is second highest.
- An increase of about $6 million but with a change in counting. IMB aligned their tally with the SBC fiscal year, October 1 to September 30, so churches had a few extra months to give. That should account for some of the increase from last year since some churches give monthly, etc.
- IMB funds about half of it’s budget through the LMCO.
- This is the best offering one can give.
- IMB may be leaderless but not rudderless. SBs express confidence in the work, imperfect though it may be.
- Millenials, I read, spend more money on coffee than on their retirement. Do SB millenials spend more on coffee than Lottie Moon?
I don’t think former IMB missionary, Mark Terry, will mind my walking on his church name article with news like this.
And how about the ‘stern’ pic of Lottie?