This is the end of a post I wrote late last night…
Here are a few ways God has specifically challenged me with missional living:
1) To be an example to my small group about what it means to live on mission for Jesus.
2) To engage the Mormons in my own community. I have been here since February and I haven’t heard one story of a particular group of people, or church, or whatever that has intentionally engaged the Mormons. I hope to help change that.
3) To take God at his word. Yes, this is missional living. If we actually take him at his word our lives will look radically different. They will look like we believe he can and will actually save and transform those we encounter.
4) To believe that through obedience God can and will do far more abundantly than I can even think or ask.
5) To study even harder, but now its not purely for intellectual knowledge. When you study missionally, you study out of a heart and mind that only wants to learn more for the sake of intimacy and transformation. I want to learn all I can about God so I can know him more deeply and so I can better grasp his beauty and worth. This is the only way we can make his beauty and worth known to our communities, if we know it ourselves.
6) To begin to pray and seek guidance for God’s call on my life to church planting. This has been heavy on my heart and I am desperately seeking God’s calling…
My challenges to you:
1) Examine your own life to see if you are living missionally. Does your life scream gospel? When people come in contact with you is the gospel what stands out?
2) Ask yourself- Is my day to day life forcing me to depend on the power of the gospel?
3) If your answers are no, please join me through repentance. Repent of believing the gospel and God’s word intellectually, but not to the point that you can’t but help to preach the gospel to those you come in contact with.
I don’t know about you, but I want to be as authentic as I possibly can. In my journey with God, the most recent step of authenticity was repenting of living as a Christian who only believed God’s word intellectually and moving onto missional living.
Won’t you join me?
My prayer is that we live lives that scream the Gospel.
Read the whole post, Coram Deo.