Here’s an SBC polity and governing documents test. These are all True/False for my colleagues who like to play the odds and not think too much. it’s very simple. I’m almost embarrassed to offer it.
- The Executive Committee can expel churches without messengers being involved.
- The Executive Committee may expel a church for any reason.
- The SBC Constitution specifically lists five reasons that a church may be excluded.
- The EC and messengers have the ability to expel individuals as well as churches from our body.
- A congregation must be a part of a local SBC association and/or an SBC state convention to be an SBC church.
- Once a church is on the Executive Committee SBC church list, it stays on unless specifically excluded by either the EC, or the SBC in annual session.
- A church has to adopt the Baptist Faith and Message Statement to be SBC.
- More churches have been excluded from the SBC for having female senior pastors than for approving, endorsing, or affirming discriminatory behavior.
- In our SBCAM coming up in June in New Orleans the messengers will approve or reject the EC’s recommendation to exclude Saddleback and several other churches for having women senior pastors?
- UGA’s average margin of victory in the last CFP was over four touchdowns per game.
I needed a tenth question, so….