Here is a video of the debate concerning the sufficiency of the Baptist Faith and Message at the Southern Baptist Convention’s Annual meeting in San Antonio, TX.
Other SBC voices have been talking about this:
- ‘The only consensus’12 Jun 2007 by Peter Smith Rick Garner, a messenger (church representative) from Ohio, has proposed this morning that Southern Baptists adopt a policy stating that the Baptist Faith & Message is “the only consensus statement of doctrinal beliefs approved by the … Faith & Works – http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/faith/blog.html
- The Transcript of the 2007 SBC Debate Over the Motion to Adopt the …10 hours ago by Wade Burleson Rick Garner is the messenger and conservative pastor from Liberty Heights Baptist Church in Liberty Heights, Ohio who had made the motion to adopt earlier that morning. The Committee on Order of Business believed this motion was … Grace and Truth to You – http://kerussocharis.blogspot.com/
- The Functionally Meaningless BF&M Motion13 Jun 2007 by Geoff Rick Garner of Ohio introduced this motion:. That the SBC adopt the following statement previously adopted by the Executive Committee. This statement reads: “The Baptist Faith and Message is not a creed, or a complete statement of our … Along the Shore – http://geoffbaggett.wordpress.com
- The San Antonio Wrap Up… Posted June 15th, 2007 by Categories: Dwight McKissic, Malcolm Yarnell, Richard Land, Frank Page, Wade Burleson, Executive Committee, Paige Patterson, SWBTS, Politics The Southern Baptist Convention is in a Corinthian crisis, and it doesn’t involve tongues at all. Instead, we are in a place where some are of Mohler, and some are of Burleson. Others are of Patterson, and some are of Chapman. The factionalism manifest on the convention floor over the ….
- Dimmed with Faint Praise. Wow. May my friends never think so highly of me that they praise me as Marty Duren has praised Ben Cole. And then Ben Cole tells the behind the scenes story of the BF&M vote. Which certainly makes Burleson’s comments that “There can be ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT messengers KNEW EXACTLY what they were voting on” seem less than straightforward, since Ben freely admits a strategy (in which Burleson participated) to keep me and others from getting to talk on the opposite side. Now mind you, I am not feasting … And Again. …